The project included the renovation of an existing building to accommodate a new production suite and the installation of an outdoor tank farm. Due to the size of this scale-up project, Process Plus converted the process equipment and installation design to abide by PSM regulations as required by OSHA workplace standard 29 CFR 1910.119, Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals.
- Utilized 3D CAD for design, which allowed client personnel to “walkthrough” the facility ahead of time. Doing so, the client was given the opportunity to make adjustments prior to construction saving the client construction costs.
- With over 1000 items purchased for this project, Process Plus provided extensive procurement support by evaluating vendor equipment bids, providing recommendations, preparing purchase requirements, and expediting all orders to meet aggressive schedule demands.
- Provided PLC programming, prepared operator screens and sequence diagrams and performed client acceptance testing (CAT). Completing the CAT allowed the client to make minor adjustments prior to downloading changes onto the client’s PLC programming system, preventing greater time and cost expenses.
- Completed construction quality assurance and quality control minimizing construction costs by addressing concerns prior to construction completion.
- Initiated PSM program and provided all personnel with general awareness training. Client had no previous PSM experience or expertise to complete this project to the necessary safety standards.
- Saved client time by incorporating safe practices throughout design.
- Initiated requests to test materials during design to determine range of material property hazards preventing greater costs and schedule implications during construction.
- Performed installation checks for all equipment and instrumentation. Static checks allowed Process Plus to verify specifications were met preventing possible cost implications and safety issues.
- Completed operation commissioning to examine heating and cooling to obtain temperature profile which lead to fine tuning of programming prior to startup.