Plus Group’s Process Plus team provided engineering and design services to re-support existing ductwork at two cotton seed sites for a Chemical Company.
The customers’ previously existing ductwork was not replaced but was supported from the roof or outdoors utilizing cables. Since the existing roof structure was not designed for the existing loads, the ductwork needed to be re-supported from the floor or outdoors from grade.
The customer also requested no indoor foundations, which influenced the quantity and size of supports. Process Plus team provided 3D laser scanning to both sites, utilizing the scanning details to generate the plans to indicate the ductwork support locations.
Process engineering evaluated the new post locations and the proper minimum distances between the existing NRV’s (no return valves) and respective dust collectors or cyclones. Since these were congested buildings, support locations needed to maintain equipment access, and aisleways and Engineering obtained the customers’ approvals based on the 3D model walkthroughs. Some wiring relocations were also designed.
- 3D Laser Scanning
- Sizing Calculations for ductwork and NRVloads
- Process Engineering and Design
- Construction Administration
Value Provided by Plus Group:
- Process Plus utilized proven laser scanning technology to document existing facility conditions, providing accuracy and detailed information for construction drawings and photos. This quickly visualized the project in the context of reality for customers and reduced rework during construction.
- Excellent project management from the Process Plus team ensured customers could maintain equipment access and aisleways.