Process Plus completed architectural and engineering services necessary to determine and document conceptual programming data for a new Hazardous Materials Storage Building at a chemical manufacturing facility. The new flammable storage warehouse (Class I, Group D, Div 2) was required to both increase storage capacity throughout the plant and free up some valuable space in other process buildings on site.
Hazardous materials from another building were to be stored in the new building. These materials included: Flammable Solids, Oxidizers, Reactives and Water Reactives. The new building is an H-3 occupancy and Type II-B construction.
- Flammable Storage Warehouse
- HVAC System providing Single-Pass Air and Low-Level pick up points (with minimum rate of 1 cfm/sq. ft.)
- Space Pressurization preventing Hazardous Fumes from Migrating
- Fire Protection & Lightning Protection
- Automation Foam Sprinkler System within Rack Sprinklers
- Natural Gas Emergency Generator
- Underground Utilities
- Narrow Aisle Pallet Rack System
- Staging Area
- Truck Docks
- System Concrete Piles with Structural Mat Floor Slab
- Exposed Steel Structural System with a Precast Tilt-up Exterior Wall System