Process Plus provided process engineering, instrumentation, equipment & piping, electrical and structural design, as well as construction and start-up support for a $26MM expansion of a starch drying process within a corn wet milling facility.
Project included a new spray dryer and agglomerator for new operations that doubled the packaging capacity associated with food grade and industrial starches.
- Spray Dryer (Stork)
- Dry Material Handling & Storage
- Kraft Bag Filling (50/100lb, 25-kg)
- Integration of vendor supplied Bag-in-Box Packaging
- Container Inspection (Metal & Check Weighing)
- Container Palletizing
- Support Systems (Compressed Air, etc.)
- cGMP Food Grade Design
- Design was completed in 3-D design using Rebis
- Construction packages were developed and issued in Phases, which allowed fast track construction
- Process Plus worked closely with owner’s structural design firm coordinating equipment support elements
- Process Plus continued to support the owner throughout construction and start-up phases
- NFPA 499, Classification of Combustible Dust and of Hazardous Location for Electrical Installations