Plus Group provided Detailed Design for process engineering and instrumentation for Mixer and associated equipment systems for a Major Manufacturer of adhesives, sealants and cleaners.
Plus Groups Process Plus Team ensured all commodity piping was routed past the identified location for a future project area. To accommodate the future project tie-in points, pipe tees with isolation valves and blind flanges were laid in the contractor bid package as the construction operation. Plus Group generated a process flow diagram and P&ID revisions for utilities and commodities to Mixer 16 and ancillary equipment specified by the client. Plus Group developed packages for Process Engineering & Design, Instrumentation and Controls, Electrical, Automation, Process Hazard Analysis, and Laser Scanning.
- Plus Group provided engineering expertise and workforce not available at the client’s facility to assist and expedite the project.
- Plus Group developed option studies in 3D for decisions piping layouts in an extremely congested area of the facility.
- Plus Group evaluated the existing building ceiling structure to support added loads. This detailed evaluation resulted in Plus Group’s recommendations for structural reinforcements to avoid potential bar joist failure.
- The new process had to be intimately integrated into the existing facility; therefore, Plus Group provided the design for the tie-ins and routing of piping through the operating process areas while again maintaining excellent operability.
- The project resulted in a significant capacity increase for the client.