Plus Group completed a project to integrate multiple systems on a validated pharmaceutical system.
The existing system was Allen-Bradley PLC-5 legacy controller with Wonderware InTouch HMI. The Plus Group team executed the design, programming and onsite support to upgrade the system to an Allen-Bradley/Rockwell ControlLogix controller with Rockwell FTView SE HMI and Rockwell FTBatch automatic batch control integrated with an existing SAP MES system.
- Plus Group executed this project with no previous design documents for the legacy system. The project marked the first time this client had executed both of the above solutions within their pharmaceutical operations worldwide.
- Plus Group provided a direct interface between automatic batch control and the SAP enterprise system. The value this provides:
- Production orders automatically downloaded directly from SAP to the automated Batching system.
- Upon batch completion, material addition amounts and equipment reports are automatically uploaded from the FTBatch system to provide automatic material usage and finished product inventory to SAP.
- Requirements for the handheld Barcode scanner included a wireless scanner in a hazardous area. The scanner uses a Bluetooth connections that is converted to EthernetIP for a direct connection to the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix processor.