Plus Group provided all engineering and architectural services to complete the transformation of an existing high bay warehouse area into a three story, 94,000 square foot, manufacturing operation for the production of a lactose/level 3 compound medicine.
Operation included powder processing, multiple capsule fillers, dryer, and five controlled environment packaging lines. Production areas were designed to Classes 10,000 and 100,000 per FDA and EU requirements with exposed product areas requiring special humidity controlled conditions. A unique element of the project was the installation of an automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) for the storage and delivery of raw materials, work in progress (WIP), and empty capsules to use points.
- Powder micronization
- Powder conditioning (Drying)
- Capsule Filling
- Blister packaging
- Cartoning, Case Packing & Palletizing
- Expansion of plant utility
- Finished Product Material Handling
- Equipment & Piping Specifications
- Micro Motion Piping
- High level of expertise in packaging systems.
- Creativity in utilization of existing space.
- cGMP design capability